Your health, and that of our staff, is our primary concern and please be assured we are doing everything we can to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday safely.
We comply with both the AA and Visit England Covid Assurance schemes and are members of the Professional Association of Self Caterers (PASC).
COVID-19 Cleaning Protocols
- The Government is only allowing accommodation businesses to open subject to certain conditions being met. We have been issued with protocols that outline new cleaning and safety requirements which we follow. These are to ensure your safety, and that of our staff, and our family. It will, however, mean that things are slightly different from usual, and we will be asking for our guest’s co-operation and understanding.
- Government guidance is ongoing and our own practices will reflect these and be subject to change.
- Cleaning takes extra time – we now have to “double clean” – first our usual high level cleaning, and then going over everything again with a virucidal sanitizer that complies with EN 14675. We also have to rewash crockery (even clean stuff) between guests and fully ventilate your cottage. This means that we need extra time for each changeover, so arrival times will now be later at 5:00 pm and an earlier 9.00 am departure. We understand it is inconvenient, but it is really important that you allow us this extra time to ensure your safety.
- Our pool will be open, unless the government tell us we cannot, and this will be on a time-slot booking system ensuring that only one family group at a time is in the pool which will mean you will have the pool to yourselves. The loo and changing rooms will be closed and guests will be asked to go to the pool “pool ready” and afterwards return to their cottage to shower and change.
- At the moment, we are finding it hard to envisage how we will be able to open our games room in the short/medium term but we will open it as soon as we can do so safely.
- The outside play areas with climbing frame with swings and slide, trampoline, nest swing, and area for ball games will be open, unless the government tell us we cannot, with appropriate hand sanitizers in place. We are also looking at how we can do animal feeding in the mornings again but this may not be able to happen in the short/medium term.
Helping you plan
- Once you have booked you will be able to access “My Stay Planner” from your booking confirmation. This has information regarding your cottage, facilities, COVID-19, the outstanding local attractions, and what you can do when out and about.
- Please plan and research what you want to do in advance of your holiday and pre book where possible. Many attractions are operating on a timed ticket advance booking basis to maintain social distancing.
- Please do ask if you require any further information, we will be happy to help if we can.
COVID-19 Refund Guarantee
- In the event that your booking has to be cancelled because Higher Menadew is put under Government restrictions and has to close, and the restriction coincides with the period of your holiday, you will receive a full refund.
- If you are unable to travel to take your holiday with us because of a national lockdown, or because your area is put in a Tier where you are not allowed to travel, we guarantee that you will get a full refund. This applies only to the address given on the booking form at the time of booking and when the travel restriction coincides with the period of your holiday.
- The refund guarantee covers national lockdowns and tier restrictions, but does NOT cover you (or a member of your party) for being unable to travel because you (or a member of your party) fall ill with Covid, or are required to quarantine or self-isolate. These events can be covered by you taking out travel insurance. There are a number of policies that include cover for illness with Covid and self-isolation .We can provide you with some examples, on request, or you can look for suitable cover on comparison sites such as ww.gocompare.com.
We are not selling, promoting, endorsing or recommending any particular product, and do not benefit financially from, nor have any formal relationship with, any insurance providers.
A BIG Thank you
We hope that you will have a fabulous, enjoyable and safe holiday with us. Many thanks to all our guests that have had, or are planning, a holiday with us – we are very grateful for your support and understanding and we look forward to welcoming you to Higher Menadew for your much needed, relaxing and safe holiday!
Anita and Andrew